Hi Mojca

> I have modified the gnuplot module a bit, and stumbled upon:
>
> 1.) the need for
>      \ifx\savebuffer\undefined \else \savebuffer[...]\fi
> which has been expected
>
> 2.) undefined command
>      \forceMPTEXcheck{put_text}

ok, i will add a fake

> I have now used a wrapper to skip that line in LuaTeX (btw: what's the
> suggested \if clause or \beginNOLUATEX to check for luatex/mkiv?) Does
> it make sense to define \let\forceMPTEXcheck\empty in mkiv perhaps?

best make a

yourmodule.tex
yourmodule.mkii
yourmodule.mkiv

and in the tex file adds:

\loadmarkfile{yourmodule}

> 3.) undefined command \obeyMPlines. I actually forgot why I needed it,
> but according to the comment:
>     \obeyMPlines % <- no longer a problem
>     \def\obeyedline{}% <- thanks to this
> I simply commented out the first line and hoped for no problems in mkii

ok, another fake

> 4.) It seems to work without problems now, except for one tiny detail
> that I get in the final PDF.
>     [do we need TeXtexts in MkIV]
>
> What is that supposed to mean?

well, that everything now can be 'textext'

> I need to admit that I have the following piece of code in the module
> (in case that matters). Maybe I'm the only one who uses it, so if you
> have any idea how to modify the macros to make
> \sometxt[gp][iwona,14pt]{text} work in mkiv, I will happily drop the
> old code/replace it for mkiv.

hm, so \sometxt is not working? i thought that i tested it (maybe not
... too much to test)

> \long\def\redofiltersometxt[#1]%
> {\doifnextcharelse[{\reredofiltersometxt[#1]}{\redodofiltersometxt[#1]}}
>
> \long\def\redodofiltersometxt[#1]#2%
>   {\increment\txtcounter
>    \TeXtext[#1]\txtcounter{#2}%
>    \filtersometxt}
>
> \long\def\reredofiltersometxt[#1][#2]#3%
>   {\increment\txtcounter
>    \TeXtext[#1]\txtcounter{\switchtobodyfont[#2]\strut#3}%
>    \filtersometxt}

i think that we have it in the core

anyhow, just collects what does not work

(btw, i fixed something in textext ... i used to work only for code
passed as mpgraphic, but now it works also with libraries and so)