Hi,

Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini wrote:

> May be you are right that operating system steals files. We should do
> something against that.

Akira found the cause .

>> \startlua
>> local function finder(name, mode, ftype)
>>      if mode=="w" then
>>          return name
>>      else
>>          return kpse.find_file(name,ftype)
>>      end
>> end

It turns out that currently (on windows only) the code above always
runs the "else" branch. So instead of returning a local file name,
it finds the pre-existing format inside the texmf tree. That filename
is then used for writing, and errors result.

Akira says that after a small change to the windows binaries,
all should work as (I) expected again, you just have to update
your binaries in a day or so.

Best wishes,
Taco