Hi,

I am preparing an e-journal for astro and I have many articles with
lots of equations. Unfortunately, authors are using LaTeX maths and
this is giving me trouble.

I have read and followed the steps of

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/LaTeX_Math_in_ConTeXt

and

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Math_with_newmat

and it has helped me a lot but there's a snag I run all the time in: array

Typically, the equation giving troubles is of the kind:

\begin{equation}
\begin{array}{rl}
h & \sim \mu M^{2/3}f^{2/3}/r\\
  & \sim M_{ch}^{5/3}f^{2/3}/r\\
\end{array}
\end{equation}

when I try to compile, I get

! Misplaced alignment tab character &.
l.484 h&
        \sim \mu M^{2/3}f^{2/3}/r\\

Of course, when I use

\startformula\eqalign{
h & \sim \mu M^{2/3}f^{2/3}/r   \cr
  & \sim M_{ch}^{5/3}f^{2/3}/r  \cr
}\stopformula

everything runs smoothly but I cannot convert all equations containing
a {array}{rl} or similar, because I would never end... I guess that
writing a script to convert them in eqlign would be feasible, but it's
a very... precarious way... I would prefer to fix the problem from
ConTeXt itself...

how??

thanks,

Pau