On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 2:40 PM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Hans Hagen wrote:
>  > Patrick Gundlach wrote:
>  >
>  >> (/opt/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/sort-lan.mkii))
> [1.1pdftex: Invalid argument
>  >
>  > weird, looks like an message from pdftex itself
>
>  Like Martin said already: you get this kind of magic when the large file
>  support in the binary is misconfigured/miscompiled. Not a macro problem
>  at all.

If that's a problem with misconfiguration/"miscompilation", then I'm
the one to be accused :P

The binary has most probably been cross-compiled on mac intel (some
versions were compiled natively, don't remember which one and when),
but it has been compiled the same way as the one for intel, only with
   CFLAGS="-arch ppc" LDFLAGS="-arch ppc" CXXFLAGS="-arch ppc" ./build.sh
(thanks to Arthur) and with no special settings or other configuration options.

XeTeX, metapost and LuaTeX have been compiled in the same way, but
apparently they work?

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 2:56 PM, Martin Schröder wrote:

> > weird, looks like an message from pdftex itself
>
>  No, it's glibc. :-(

Jonathan Kew has said that I might want to select a lower version of
something (maybe gcc) when cross-compiling for ppc. Could that be part
of the problem?

The problem is that I only build the ppc binaries and never have a
chance to test them.

Mojca