On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 3:43 AM, Thomas A. Schmitz
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  On Apr 22, 2008, at 11:57 PM, zs wrote:
>
>  > I recommend you to use "evince" viewer. I suppose, its output is
>  > even nicer than acroread's one.
>  > C-R reloads are supported.
>  >
>  > ZS
>
>  While I like and use evince on linux, I must also say that it's still
>  not a very good viewer. Just to give you an example:

When talking about evince, it is important to check which rendering
libraries are used.  I have documents that render correctly on my
debian box with at least one of the available evince packages
(linked to poppler 0.6.4), but not on Red Hat Fedora 8 (linked to
poppler-0.6.2), where some fonts are shown with "?".

While writing documents, I tend to use either apparition, which is fast
(as long as it is running on the local machine -- it can be very slow
over a network), or Emacs DocView  just makes a png image of each
page -- often enough to make sure some TeX fragment is working
properly.

--
George N. White III <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia