On Thu, Apr 24 2008, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> \starttypescipt [mytypeface]
>   \definetypeface [mytypeface] [ss] [sans] [...] [default]
> \stoptypescript

I try to ask better questions:
- The first argument to \definetypeface is the name of the typeface, right?
- Why do I need the second *and* the third arguments, they seem redundant
  to me?  ("ss" means always "sans" and so on)
- What is the meaning of the fourth argument, it seems that I don't need
  it?
- Same question for the fifth argument.

> If you use this typescript as bodyfont a sans style would be used
> instead of roman.
>

> Why this odd defintion I see now why why you have to enclose all synonyms
> within a typescript environment.

I don't have to, this works too:
\starttypescript [urwgaramond]
  \setups[font:fallback:serif]
  [...]
\stoptypescript
\starttypescript [urwgaramond]
  [...]
  \definetypeface [\typescriptone] [] [serif] []
\stoptypescript

> You will also loose the functionality to create a new font collcetion
> for your document with the serif garamond as serif typeface, palatino
> for math etc.

Next exercise for me: creation of a new font collection!
Could you suggest please, what fonts would fit nicely with garamond,
for ss, tt and mm?

Then I'll report back the font collection with garamond as main font.

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/