On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 2:57 PM, Yue Wang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 5/31/08, luigi scarso <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > Last night I remembered two more things that TeX can't do, but every
>> > layout app can:
>> > - text flow around other elements (images)
>> \parshape ?
>>

> I forword an email to the professor.
> it discuss some of the points together with some examples.
>
> \parshape is not enough for arbitary page layout.
\parshape can help for text flow around other elements, hence for
layout of a page.
What do you mean with
"\parshape is not enough for arbitary page layout" ?
There are other macros/ tools  for page layout
as otr for example.

>> > - really working multiple-column layout
>> in context columnset with  two pass strategy
>>

> columnset cannot solve most of the problems:)
Do you have some examples ?

> if you want advanced page layout justification, TeX is not sufficient.

What do you mean with advanced ?
Do you have som examples ?

--
luigi