On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 4:18 PM, Diego Depaoli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 2008/6/20 Wolfgang Schuster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>>> What kind and size of font you suggest to maximize readability saving paper?
>>
>> I use myself a size between 8 and 10pt but it depends on the font and
>> 8pt could be too small for a few fonts. You could also try to adjust the
>> margins to get more text on the page.
> Thanks, 9pt was my original choice, but someone complained about this size.
> In the meanwhile I got another problem.
> The central page of this booklet should contain a text  which fits an
> A4 sheet so we will have
> [A5][A4, landscape] papersize on pages 1-8, 2-7, 3-6 and [A4,
> rotated][A4,landscape] in pages 4-5.
> My trivial code (obviously) doesn't work and searching wiki and ml
> didn't give much help:
>
> \setuppapersize[A5][A4, landscape]
> \setuparranging[2UP]
> \startpostponing[4]
> \setuppapersize[A4,rotated][A4,landscape]
> \input knuth
> \page
> \stoppostponing
> \startext
> \dorecurse{50}{\input hawking}
> \stoptext
>
> How can I achieve the desired result?

Write the text for the A4 page in a seperate document and
include it as a figure.

\setupexternalfigures[location={local,global,default}]

\setuppapersize[A5][A4, landscape]
\setuparranging[2UP]

\startpostponing[4]
\offset
  [leftoffset=-\backspace,
   topoffset=-\dimexpr\topspace+\headerheight\relax]
  {\clip
     [width=\paperwidth]
     {\externalfigure[cow][width=2\paperwidth,height=\paperheight]}}
\stoppostponing

\startpostponing[5]
\noheaderandfooterlines
\offset
  [leftoffset=-\backspace,
   topoffset=-\dimexpr\topspace+\headerheight\relax]
  {\clip
     [hoffset=\paperwidth,width=\paperwidth]
     {\externalfigure[cow][width=2\paperwidth,height=\paperheight]}}
\stoppostponing

\starttext

\dorecurse{50}{\input hawking}

\stoptext