On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 5:39 PM, Diego Depaoli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 2008/7/17 Wolfgang Schuster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 1:14 AM, Diego Depaoli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> 2008/7/16 Alan Stone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>>> [snip]
>>>
>>> For some obscure reason right fontnames are linked with wrong filenames.
>>> This is the output of
>>> mtxrun --script fonts --list
>>> on my system
>>> [...]
>>> times new roman                        Times New Roman
>>>       Times_New_Roman.ttf (real filename times.ttf)
>>> times new roman bold                   Times New Roman Bold
>>>       Times_New_Roman_Bold.ttf (real filename timesbd.ttf)
>>> and so on...
>> Hi Diego,
>>
>> Alans entries for the font names are correct because the files have different
>> names on Mac with spaces in them.
> Understood...
> but this issue still exists in Ubuntu with such fonts imported from Windows.
> Where mtxrun catches fonts filenames?

Hi Diego,

we are talking about two differents things, what you mean is the filename
of the fonts you could access with [file:...] in typescripts and which is
different on Windows (and all other where the core font packages are used)
and on Mac. The font name is another thing and can be different from the
file name, you could access fonts by font name with [name:...] in MkIV and
this name should (not sure if this is so) be the same on both systems.

Regards,
Wolfgang