On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 9:12 AM, Alan Stone
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 1:16 PM, Wolfgang Schuster
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> > - whatever the dimension (number and/or unit) I set for
>> > \setupnarrower[left=1pt,right=1pt]
>> > the left and right margin remain the same
>>
>> Use \startnarrower[left,right].
>
> Used it, still doesn't work.

It works.

\setupnarrower[left=1em,right=1em]

\startinteractionmenu[myMenu]
 \placecontent[
    criterium=all,
    alternative=b,
    style={\switchtobodyfont[small]\setupinterlinespace[line=2.4ex]},
    interaction=all,
    before={\blank[small]\startnarrower[left,right]},
    after={\stopnarrower\blank[medium]},
   ]
\stopinteractionmenu

>> > - when setting for example
>> > \setuplist[chapter][align=middle,distance=1em]
>> > ( or whatever else for distance ) it has no effect
>> > upon the distance between the chapter number
>> > and the chapter title
>>
>> \setuplist[chapter][align=middle,distance=0pt,width=1em]
>
> This works.
>
> What's the reason for this Wolfgang ? From what I understood
> from the main manual, it logically should be distance=(x>0)pt.

'width' is the width of the box for the number and 'distance' is the
distance between the numberbox and the text.

The result is something like:

\hbox to 1em{1\hfil}\hskip 0pt{chapter title ...}
width               distance

Wolfgang