On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 5:23 PM, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 03:29:56 -0600, Alan Stone
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > (1) FYI, Application Data.zip also contains a 'Program Files' folder
> > which has the same contents as 'Program Files.zip'
>
> Strange; I'll correct it.
>
> > From readme.txt :
> > (2) 9. Copy the directory Program Files\Notepad++ to Program Files
> > Shouldn't it be "copy the *contents* of these (sub)directories to their
> > corresponding
> > C:\Program Files\Notepad++ (sub)directories" ?
>
> Put another way: Drop "Program Files\Notepad++" onto "C:\Program Files"

I somehow thought this operation would replace C:\Program\Notepad++ ...
which isn't.
Hey, I learned something new about how Windows works.  :O)

> > (3) 10. Copy the directory Application Data\Notepad++ to Application
> > Data.
> > To Windows XP's C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data or
> > C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data ?
>
> See earlier in the readme: "in what follows I assume that all
> configuration files are saved
> in \<username>\Application Data\Notepad++"

Missed that one. Must have been speeding (reading).

> Thanks for the comments and

You're welcome.

Two other questions, if I may...

(1) The folding feature behaves strangely.

- Instead of folding it collapses everything what's underneath.

- Once a folding section gets initiated from within the ConTeXt setup area (
at a \startsomething command ), it runs straight down to \stoptext instead
of from every \startsomething to \stopsomething

(2) Preferences -> "New Document" tab

* Format: Windows - Unix - Mac -> are (*.tex) files between these OSs
incompatible ?

* Encoding: UTF 8, UTF 8 with BOM -> what must be selected for ConTeXt ?

Looks like great editor nevertheless, much better than SciTE. Thanks again
for the ConTeXt package.

Best,
Alan