Hi there!

I have a feature request (or a question "how to do it";)) concerning
itemizations.  Currently, they are much like LaTeX (say, with the
enumitem package).  I think this is not the best idea.  I can hardly
imagine using more than two levels of itemize in my documents; on the
other hand, I like to introduce different "kinds" of itemize on the
_first_ level.  Imagine I'm typesetting a paper on mathematics (which
I'm doing all the time;)).  I want another kind of itemize for lists of:
* equivalent conditions (as in: "the following are equivalent: ...");
* statements connected by an "or" clause (as in: "at least one of these
  holds: ...";
* statements connected by an "and" clause (as in: "assume that these
  conditions are satisfied: ...").

What I usually do (in LaTeX) is to define a few environments, like
"equivenumerate", "orenumerate", "andenumerate" etc., and make them use
(a), (b), ..., (i), (ii), ..., or (1), (2), ... respectively.  This way
I have a clear visual clue in my papers on what's going where, and on
the other hand, I separate content and presentation.

Would it be possible in ConTeXt?  If yes, how to do this?  Maybe it's
worth mentioning in the new manual?

(As usual, I'll try to post the answer on the wiki when I have some
spare time!)

--
Marcin Borkowski (http://mbork.faculty.fmcs.amu.edu.pl)