Hello,

> I can confirm that this file fails with MKIV, but works fine with MKII. It
> seems that supp-mps is not loaded under MKIV.

does there exist a workaround for mkiv? I tried

\usemodule[chemic]

\input supp-mps

\starttext
  \startchemical
    \chemical[SIX,B1..6,R1..6,RZ1..3][CH_3,CH_3,OH]
  \stopchemical
\stoptext

but then I get

! Undefined control sequence.
\writecheckedMPgraphic #1->\ifgrTEXgraphic
                                           \global \MPTEXgraphictrue \else \...
\startMPgraphic ...hic \writecheckedMPgraphic {#1}
                                                  \stopwritingMPgraphic
\getMPdrawing ...ic \MPdrawingdata \stopMPgraphic
                                                  \loadcurrentMPgraphic {}\d...
\@@endchemicalpicture ...raphictrue \getMPdrawing
                                                  }\wd 2=\!!zeropoint \ht 2=...
\stopchemical ...calpicture \@@endchemicalpicture