On Mon, 22 Sep 2008, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

> THAT'S GREAT:

:)

> Am 22.09.2008 um 21:32 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:
>
>> On Mon, 22 Sep 2008, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>>>
>>> Ahh, now I see where my problem lays:
>>>

>>> \setupcolors[state=start]
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>>
>>> \setupinteraction[state=start]
>>>
>>> \setupfootnotes[textcolor=magenta]
>>>
>>> \setupfootnotedefinition[before={\color[green]}]
>>> test\footnote{test}
>>>
>>> \stoptext
>>>
>>> Despite the fact that interaction carries its own color, elements can
>>> be re-colored by their own color definition (see above).
>>> Only the number of the note in front of the footnote text always gets
>>> overridden by interaction color!
>>
>> Because it is overridden by interaction color.
>
> It gets overridden by interaction color because it is overriden by
> interaction color?

:)

Ok, I guess I should read what I write. What I meant was that interaction
is added last, so everything gets overridden by interaction colors.

>>> This distinction I didn't expect.
>>>

>>> Why should exclusively that poor little number not be allowed to have
>>> its own color?
>>
>> There should be a better way to do this (set interaction color and
>> interaction style of each element separately), but for your case you
>> can
>> use
>>
>> \setupcolors[state=start]
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> \setupinteraction[state=start]
>>
>> \setupfootnotes[textcolor=magenta]
>>
>> \setupfootnotedefinition[before={\color[green]}]
>> test\footnote{test}
>>
>> \stoptext
>

> It's like a game for kids ... "who finds the 10 differences between
> Aditya's lines and Steffen's lines?"
>
> =o)
>
> Next try? Volunteers!
>
> Who get's the little darkgreen footnote number paint in red ...
> nobody???

Hopefully, will past e the correct thing this time

\setupcolors[state=start]

\setupinteraction[state=start]

\setupfootnotes[textcolor=magenta]

\setupfootnotedefinition[before={\setupinteraction[color=blue]}]

\starttext

\section[one] {Fist}

test\footnote{test}

See section \in[one].