Hans Hagen wrote:
I try to get a picture on a page using \externalfigure[name.pdf][width=\textwidth] The image is pushed to the next page, even though there is no text on the current page and the height of the image itself is smaller then \textheight, so it should fit. How do I force image placement *here*?

\placefigure[force]{}{}

Hi Hans,

Is there a way to do this [force] with \externalfigure in a macro def like:

\def\picturefile #1#2#3{{\rotate[rotation=#1]{\externalfigure[#2][width=#3mm]}}}

When I try to do something with \placefigure I get a "floatblocks : order disturbed" error and no figure placed.

Thanks again,

Jelle