On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 9:42 PM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Mojca,
>
> OK. Removed quotes, so texmfstart.bat now reads:
>
> @echo off
> ruby "C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.7\scripts\context\ruby\texmfstart.rb" %*
>
> This now works:
>
> $ C:\temp>texmfstart texexec --help
> TeXExec | version 6.2.0 - 1997-2006 - PRAGMA ADE/POD
>
> However, I cannot make the formats. Going to Miktex 2.7->Settings->Formats,
> attempting to build cont-en results in, even though I've copied cont-en.ini
> into the directory expected by Miktex 2.7.
>
> Creating the cont-en.pdftex format file...
> Running pdftex...
> This is pdfTeX, Version 3.141592-1.40.4 (MiKTeX 2.7) (INITEX)
>
> entering extended mode
>
> ("C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.7\tex\context\config\cont-en.ini")
>
> ! Emergency stop.
>
> <*> cont-en.ini
>

> No pages of output.
>
> Transcript written on cont-en.log.
>
> makefmt: pdftex failed on cont-en.ini.
> initexmf.EXE: The operation failed for some reason.

Can you please check/compare the values with the sones below? I did
not put any ini file anywhere, though I had some issues with formats
(restarting the program helped).

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/MikTeX#Make_formats

Make formats

    * Go to Start Menu -> MikTeX 2.7 -> Settings -> Formats -> New ...

Format key:     ConTeXt         (could be anything)
Format name:    cont-en         (could be anything)
Compiler:       pdftex
Input file name:        cont-en.tex
(uncheck)       Exclude this format ...

    * Choose the newly created format and Build it.
    * For mptopdf uncheck the box for excluding as well.

Mojca