On Thu, 23 Oct 2008, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 12:31 AM, Oleg Kolosov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello Everyone!

I've started to experiment with MkIV in ConTeXt minimals recently trying to
make TeX Gyre fonts work with as few definitions as possible. Here is the list
of problems I've encountered:

1. No small-caps in any font (gyre fonts doesn't have that yet?)

\usetypescript[palatino]
\setupbodyfont[palatino]

\def\os{\groupedcommand{\setfontfeature{oldstyle}}{}}

Shouldn't that be just

\def\os{\setufontfeature{oldstyle}}

Aditya

\starttext

0123456789 {\os 0123456789}

\stoptext

Test the other fonts by yourself.

2. adventor have italic but slanted displays as normal (roman)

3. cursor have only roman script (no bold, slanted, etc.)

Is this due to lack of fonts in Gyre package, some omissions in type-otf.tex
or my typescript definitions are not complete?

Here is the test file which I've used (some cyrillic text also):
------------------------
\starttypescript[mygyre]
% change font last arg according to definitions in type-otf.tex
% pagella, termes, bonum, schola
\definetypeface [mygyre] [rm] [serif] [pagella]
% heros, adventor
\definetypeface [mygyre] [ss] [sans]  [adventor]
\definetypeface [mygyre] [tt] [sans]  [cursor]
\definetypeface [mygyre] [mm] [math]  [palatino]
\stoptypescript

\startbuffer[tests]
\starttabulate
\NC \tf tf \NC \tf Нормальный текст     \NC\AR
\NC \bf bf \NC \bf Полужирный текст     \NC\AR
\NC \it it \NC \it Курсивный текст      \NC\AR
\NC \sl sl \NC \sl Наклонный текст      \NC\AR
\NC \bi bi \NC \bi Полужирный курсив    \NC\AR
\NC \bs bs \NC \bs Полужирынй наклонный \NC\AR
\NC \sc sc \NC \sc Пробный текст        \NC\AR
\stoptabulate
\stopbuffer

\usetypescript[mygyre]
\setupbodyfont[mygyre]

\starttext
\section{roman (rm)}
{\rm \getbuffer[tests]}

\section{sans-serif (ss)}
{\ss \getbuffer[tests]}

\section{teletype (tt)}
{\tt \getbuffer[tests]}

\stoptext

I'll update Russian section in the wiki, once these points are clarified.

--
Regards,
Oleg Kolosov

Wolfgang