On 11/6/2008 3:49 PM, Lars Huttar wrote:
> Hello,
> I've just been trying to install context on Ubuntu 8.10.
> Today I went to http://minimals.contextgarden.net/setup/
> and followed the instructions:
>
>> On unix (linux, mac, freebsd, sun, ...) run:
>>
>>      mkdir context && cd context
>>      rsync -ptv rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/first-setup.sh .
>>      ./first-setup.sh
>
> The first-setup script initially failed because I did not have ruby
> installed. So I installed ruby and then ran it again.
>
> It cranked away for awhile, then ended up with the error:
>       ! I can't find file `core-swd'.
>       <to be read again>
>                          \relax
>       l.228 \loadmkiifile{core-swd}
>
> The preceding output was:

Let me add a little more preceding output:
        (/home/.../context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/core-sec.mkii

>       systeem     : markering subsubsubsubonderwerpnummer gedefinieerd
> [subsubsubsubonderwerpnummer]
>       )
>
> However, when I do a search, I see that there is a file core-swd.mkii.
> Its path is context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base
> (I kid you not -- tex and context each show up three times in the path!)
>
> Can anybody suggest how to fix the problem?

Just for kicks, I tried the following. The prompt said
        Please type another input file name:
so I entered "core-swd.mkii" (i.e. I added the .mkii suffix).
This seemed to satisfy the processor ... until the same error happened
again a little while later (with the same preceding output).
This happened about 4 times total.

Was that a legitimate solution? Or should it really be looking for a
core-swd.tex file?

Thanks,
Lars