> Von: "Mojca Miklavec" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>  If you are willing to compile
> them (or rather keep compiling them every now to keep dependencies
> satisfied), we can finish adding support for open solaris.

Until now I am just evaluating OpenSolaris as a Linux replacement. 10 Years of
fun with a constantly morphing kernel are enough. There are two issues left:
One is Context and the other is OCaml. The mainstream software is running just
fine.

> If I'm not mistaken then pdftex, xetex and luatex have been compiled
> without problems?

Not really:

make: ./ctangle: Command not found
make: *** [ctangle.c] Error 127
cp: cannot stat `build/texk/web2c/mpdir/mpost': No such file or directory
Reverted 'VERSIONS'
-e Sorry, there have been some failures:
  - build of xetex on sunos-intel
  - build of luatex on sunos-intel
  - build of metapost on sunos-intel
-n No svn commit! Please press enter to continue!

> The process would probably not run out of the box before a new svn
> repository gets created and you would need an account in order to be
> able to commit anyway, but you can check if files like:
> - src/current/pdftex/build/texk/web2c/pdftex

Yes, this program was compiled and I can run it (missing texmf.cnf aside).

> - src/current/xetex/Work/texk/web2c/xetex
> - src/current/luatex/build/texk/web2c/luatex

Those two files don't exist. There are a bunch of source files in this web2c
directories but not the searched executables.

> Taco has been modifying the make scripts some time ago. I would ask
> him. I did have some problems to build binaries on contextgarden, but
> I thought that these problems have been solved. In general adding any
> ctangle to build path should help (at the time when you build metapost
> it doesn't see the ctangle binary of pdftex/xetex/luatex), but maybe
> there was a tiny overlook somewhere. Taco has ctangle all over on his
> machine, so he would not notice if that was a problem.

I will try to figure out in what directory gmake is getting the "command not
found" error and place a copy of ctangle there.

Kind regards,
Michael Krauss
http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger