Hi, Taco:

> Appears fine here as well, with context 2009.01.17 00:15. But I assume
> your test file was longer thatn just the little block below. Perhaps
> you should post a full file.
>
> Btw, the example breaks with cont-xp, but in a different way:
> it throws an error at me about an undefined control sequence
> (\currentformulassynchronize).

OK, in fact the whole file is just add \bye at the end of that piece of code.

This works well on both mkii and mkiv:
\starttext
\placeformula \startformula \startalign
 \NC v \NC = u + at \NR[eq:v]
 \NC h \NC = ut + \frac12 gt^2 \NR[eq:h]
\stopalign \stopformula
Equation (\in[eq:v]) tells the final velocity after
time $t$ and equation (\in[eq:h]) tells the distance
travelled in time $t$.
\stoptext

and this only works in MKII, not mkiv:
\placeformula \startformula \startalign
 \NC v \NC = u + at \NR[eq:v]
 \NC h \NC = ut + \frac12 gt^2 \NR[eq:h]
\stopalign \stopformula
Equation (\in[eq:v]) tells the final velocity after
time $t$ and equation (\in[eq:h]) tells the distance
travelled in time $t$.
\bye

Another problem which I reported a few weeks ago is still not solved.
when I use a sans font, like \setupbodyfont[iwona, ss,12pt], the label
for the equation still uses roman font unless i manually change them
by \setupformulae. I think this can be improved.

Yue Wang