I'm was planning to write my master thesis in XeLaTeX until I
discovered that ConTeXt can use the XeTeX engine.
I need to use a lot of Hebrew - so Right to Left typing - and some linguistic glyphs and stuff.

But from the wiki I understand there are still some issues with ConTeXt's XeTeX-awareness.

Like the bookmarks "may result in some strangeness in certain documents"
Can someone tell me what kind of strangeness?

And XeTeX can't use "certain specials and other types of features"
Can someone tell me what kind of "specials and types of features"?

And now on this list there is a lot of talk about LuaTeX and Mark IV.
So I wonder: Is it possible to use MarkIV and XeTeX engine at the same time?
And if not, why should (or shouldn't) I use MarkIV over XeTeX?

Thanks in advance,

Adriaan Pater