2009/2/20 luigi scarso <luigi.sca...@gmail.com>:
>> btw, we prefer typesetting Chinese document like this:
>>
>> http://jjgod.org/docs/random/yt.pdf
>
> forgive me for intrusion
>
> $>pdfinfo  yt.pdf
> Creator:        LaTeX with hyperref package
> Producer:       xdvipdfmx (0.7.3)
> CreationDate:   Sat Dec 27 16:17:05 2008
> Tagged:         no
> Pages:          533
> Encrypted:      no
> Page size:      498.9 x 708.66 pts
> File size:      2966285 bytes
> Optimized:      no
> PDF version:    1.4
>

> $>pdffonts  yt.pdf
> name                                 type              emb sub uni object ID
> ------------------------------------ ----------------- --- --- --- ---------
> TYNLGQ+FZKTK--GBK1-0                 CID TrueType      yes yes yes      8  0
> GBLMNF+SabonLTStd-Bold-Identity-H    CID Type 0C       yes yes yes     15  0
> XJQTVQ+SabonLTStd-Roman-Identity-H   CID Type 0C       yes yes yes     32  0
> Error: Unknown character collection 'Adobe-GB1'
> ADRNAX+AdobeFangsongStd-Regular-Identity-H CID Type 0C       yes yes
> no     318  0
>

> Error: Unknown character collection 'Adobe-GB1'
> Why ?

Hi,

If you use poppler as your pdf render engine, you can try to
install the package "poppler-data" which are data files for
poppler to support uncommon encodings without xpdfrc.

> --
> luigi

Best wishes,
Li Yanrui

* Gentoo Linux (~x86)
* LuaTeX (snapshot-0.33.1-2009021608, build 1866)
* ConTeXt Minimals (2009.02.17 18:50)