On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 1:34 AM, Maurí­cio <briqueabra...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are information on this page
>
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Minimals
>
> still valid? After following instructions and
> successfull (I think) rsync sessions I try:
>
> source ~/context/tex/setuptex ~/context/tex
>
> and I'm told ~/context/tex is not a valid TeX
> directory.
>
> I also tried downloading a 'linux.zip' from
>
> http://minimals.contextgarden.net/pragma
>
> and it says the same. It also complains about
> a missing 'plain.tex'.
>
> What is the easier way to install MK IV? I
> usually use ConTeXt that comes with Ubuntu,
> I just need MK IV in one session where I need
I have Ubuntu too, so you can try this
## open a gnome-terminal
## and become root
cd /opt
mkdir luatex
cd luatex
mkdir minimals
cd minimals
rsync -ptv rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/first-setup.sh .
## in first-setup.sh .change this line
## mtxrun --verbose --script ./bin/mtx-update.lua --update --make
--force --engine=all --context=beta --texroot=$PWD/tex $@
## into this
## imtxrun --verbose --script ./bin/mtx-update.lua --update --make
--force --engine=all --texroot=$PWD/tex $@
./first-setup
cd tex
## watch for the initial dot '.' !!!!!
. setuptex
# Some checks
#
## must contains /opt/luatex/minimals/tex/texmf-linux/bin
## as first path
echo $PATH

luatex -v
## must be  something like this
## This is LuaTeX, Version snapshot-0.33.1-2009022019, build unknown
##
## Execute  'luatex --credits'  for credits and version details.
##
## There is NO warranty. Redistribution of this software is covered by
## the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2. For more
## information about these matters, see the file named COPYING and
## the LuaTeX source.
##
## Copyright 2008 Taco Hoekwater, the LuaTeX Team.

--
luigi