Am 04.03.2009 um 18:34 schrieb Michael Bynum:

1.)  I have a list of synonyms that I need to print in an aligned
list.  Is there a way to align the synonym definitions with the
longest synonym entry (width=? option maybe)?  Here is a small example
where the entries do not align.

\definesynonyms[nomenclature][nomenclatures][\infull]
\setupsynonyms[nomenclature][criterium=all,width=broad]

\nomenclature[a]{a}{This is the letter a}
\nomenclature[b]{abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz}{This is the alphabet}
\nomenclature[c]{c}{This is the letter c}

\def\setwidthof#1\to#2%
  {\bgroup
   \setbox\scratchbox\hbox{#1}%
   \expanded{\egroup\def\noexpand#2{\the\wd\scratchbox}}}

\setwidthof{abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz}\to\nomenclaturewidth

\setupsynonyms[nomenclature][width=\nomenclaturewidth]

Wolfgang