On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 6:59 PM, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

> Am 2009-03-30 um 22:11 schrieb Robert Blackstone:
>
> > Thank you, Hraban, for suggesting an easy way out: Use ConTeXt-
> > Minimals, but also there I manage to run into problems, mainly with
> > files and scripts that I can see in the finder but that are not
> > found in Terminal, not even from their parent directory.
>
> I don't understand what you mean. Can you give an example?
>
> Normally it's vice versa: With 'ls -Al' you can see much more in the
> Terminal as you can see in Finder, not only dotted (hidden) files, but
> also whole trees like /usr.
>
> There are a few file and folder names though that are faked in
> international OSX versions' Finder (like 'Applications' appears as
> 'Programme' in a German OSX).
>

> Greetlings from Lake Constance!
> Hraban

What I meant is the following. (Incidentally, I configured the finder so
that it shows the ‘hidden’ files and directories, like /usr, too.)

Now about installing and configuring minimals I went through all steps
described on http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Minimals/Mac_Installationup
till step 5 of ‘configuring’, which is:

Step 5. In Terminal, type context --make and press Enter/Return.

This yields:  MtxRun | unknown script 'context.lua' or 'mtx-context.lua'

Then I cd-ed stepwuse up to
/Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/tex/texmf-context/scripts/context/lua, after
each cd trying to perform step 5, and then finally I got:

MtxRun | running command: luatools --make --compile cont-en

LuaTools | no tex file with name: cont-en.tex

LuaTools |

LuaTools | runtime: 0.008 seconds

MtxRun | running command: luatools --make --compile cont-nl

LuaTools | no tex file with name: cont-nl.tex

LuaTools |

LuaTools | runtime: 0.009 seconds

MtxRun | running command: luatools --make --compile mptopdf

LuaTools | no tex file with name: mptopdf.tex

LuaTools |

LuaTools | runtime: 0.013 seconds

MtxRun | running command: luatools --make --compile plain

LuaTools | no tex file with name: plain.tex

LuaTools |

LuaTools | runtime: 0.008 seconds

MtxRun | total runtime: 0.168

But for example cont-en.tex does exist on my Mac and it sits in
/Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-en.tex

These files are not found. So I am a bit at a loss at what to try next.

Incidentally, step 1 of Configuring ConTeXt instructs me to create a file
with a given line and save the  file as .bash_profile, which, however,
already exists. So I have added the line to the existing file. If this is
correct, this possibility should perhaps be mentioned in the instructions.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Robert Blackstone