I have a need for multiple repeating page backgrounds: an imported PDF
document and one or more dynamically generated items that are layered
on top.
I've found a discussion in the archives from January 2006, but it hasn't helped.

\setupbackgrounds[page][background=Letterhead,DisclaimerWatermark,SignatureBlock,DocumentStatus]
doesn't work, only the last layer defined shows (each of the dynamic
backgrounds is defined as a layer.)

Does the plural in setupbackgrounds not mean multiple backgrounds? If
so, is there a stacking order (the imported PDF letterhead may have an
opaque background)?

Also, the first document page requires a table and text block
side-by-side. I probably could use a float for the text block, but
wanted to use a layer.
Am I approaching this the wrong way?

--
david