On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 11:41 PM, Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl> wrote:
> Taco Hoekwater wrote:

>>> After changing like this, XeTeX runs like a blink. (It wasted 6
>>> seconds for each compile. now it won't)
>>
>> Does that mean that the near-endless font issues with xetex are
>> now finally fixed?
>
> no ... suffix and name lookup remain (but the file: before the fallback font
> saves such name lookups so we disguised the problem)

no.  \definetypeface[foobar][blablabla] \dorecurse{10000}{{hello
{\foobar 你好}}\par}
is still very slow. I will look into that tomorrow.

Other problems are solved (why \setupbodyfont[iwona] is slow, why
\definefont[simsun.ttf] is slow, etc.)

Concerning the suffix problem, I already reported that to Jonathan
Kew. I think he will fix that very soon.

Yue Wang