Am 13.05.2009 um 22:23 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:

On Wed, 13 May 2009, afsmith wrote:

Let me try asking these things as questions. Specifically, could
someone please tell me...
1. How do I determine whether I am using MKII, MKIV, or XeTeX to
process my documents?

Depends on how you process your documents.

texexec filename        => pdftex engine (mkii)
texexec --pdf filename  => pdftex engine (mkii)
texexec --xtx filename  => xetex engine  (mkii)
texexec --lua filename  => luatex engine (mkiv)
context filename        => luatex engine (mkiv)

context --pdftex filename => pdftex engine (mkii)
context --xetex filename  => xetex engine  (mkii)

Wolfgang