2009/6/17 Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl>

> Yanrui Li wrote:
>
>> Hi Hans,
>>
>> I am testing comperssion of Chinese punctuations according
>> boundingbox. But I found that the "fontdata.cache" in font-def.lua is
>> set to "no", so I can't get the boundingbox information of those
>> punctuation glyphs in my module. I want to know why set to "no" as
>> default. Is it for efficiency?
>>

> bbinfo sits in the shared descriptions (that travel with each font) and as
> such is unrelated to the cache
>
> the cache option mentioned there is not meant for using, just for debugging
> (i.e. for myself)

I have printed the the shared descriptions with the following code fragment:

function f4zhcn.pre_linebreak_filter (head, groupcode)
   for t in node.traverse(head) do
      if is_cjk_ideo (t) then
     texio.write_nl ('*** CJK Ideo ***')
      elseif is_cjk_puncts (t) then
     texio.write_nl ('*** CJK Punct ***')
     for k in pairs(font.fonts[t.font]) do
        texio.write_nl (k)
     end
      end
   end
   return true
end

With "fontdata.cache = 'no'", I just got:

*** CJK Punct ***
checksum
direction
MathConstants
encodingbytes
filename
format
designsize
area
type
tounicode
characters
embedding
parameters
name
extend
used
slant
fullname
size

Only with "fontdata.cache = 'yes'", I can get:

 *** CJK Punct ***
direction
boundarychar_label
marks