On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 10:06:07 -0600, Aditya Mahajan <adit...@umich.edu> wrote:

LuaTeX warning (file
C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-project/fonts/data/asana/Asana-Math.otf): Type2
Charstring Parser: Unknown charstring operator: 0x00

!LuaTeX error (file
C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-project/fonts/data/asana/Asana-Math.otf): Type2
Charstring Parser: Parsing charstring failed: (status=-1, stack=0)
==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

Have any of you run into this before?

No. I am using the minimals from 2009.05.26, and asana math works fine.
Are you using the latest version of the font from
http://openfontlibrary.org/media/files/asyropoulos/219

seems the same date as

http://www.ctan.org/get/fonts/Asana-Math/Asana-Math.otf

+

This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.41.0-2009061016

I reported this to Taco so we'll see what he says...

If this is a showstopper, then a fallback will have to do. Have any of you made fallbacks for math fonts? Are there any subtleties compared to regular
fonts? What is the unicode slot for math \alpha?

Basic greek should work in math. I cannot get the latest minimals right
now (slow internet connection), but px math and lm math use the same code
to generate virtual fonts, so px math should work in the latest minimals.

Using the predefined

[mm] [math] [palatino]

You can test these formulas in px-math:

\starttext