Peter Rolf wrote:
Hans Hagen schrieb:
Peter Rolf wrote:
Hans Hagen schrieb:
Peter Rolf wrote:
Hi,

overprinting is broken here. I used \dostartoverprint in the past, but this no longer works. What is the recommended way for overprinted text nowadays?

just \startoverprint Overprint \stopoverprint

I see. A quick test shows, that this macro is not working with mkii (an updated example is attached). Sadly this macro also does not work in my graphics, if I simply exchange \dostartoverprint with \startoverprint (regardless of the mark).

you need to enable it with \setupcolors[overprint=yes]

I tried that one before, but it enables kind of global overprinting in mkii (all but \startoverprinting, including the mp graphic). In case of mkiv this breaks the \startoverprinting macro (so no overprinting at all). I attached a new example.

btw, your mkiv definitions do nothing (just toggle some flag) and the \dodriverthing's are gone anyway

Ok, then I must find a new working overprinting macro for my texts.

\setupcolors[overprint=yes]

\ifnum\contextmarkmode=4
\def\dostartoverprint%
  {\ctxlua{overprints.enabled=true}}
\def\dostopoverprint%
  {\ctxlua{overprints.enabled=false}}
\fi

this really does nothing, apart from enableng backend processing of set overprints

\starttext

\startMPcode
   fill unitcircle scaled 5cm;
\stopMPcode

\starttextoverprint starttextoverprint \stoptextoverprint % fails in both marks
\dostartoverprint dostartoverprint \dostopoverprint % fails in mkiv only
\startoverprint overprint \stopoverprint % fails in mkii only

\stoptext

well, in order to figure out the problem i need a better test file (at least one that shows the effect you want to achieve) as i have none here