Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl> skribis:
> Barry Schwartz wrote:
> > Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl> skribis:
> >> could it be a bug in the font? i.e. a Th ligature showing up in
> >> smallcaps? if so, then simplefonts should disable ligatures in smallcaps
> >
> > I'm looking at AGaramondPro-Regular in fontforge and it has the lookup
> > for small caps well above the lookup for ligatures. The software must
> > be reading the lookup table out of order.
                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^

I should have said "lookup list table".

> no, it's just that basemode gets two features and replacement and
> ligatures are both applied due to the definition of the smallcaps
> featureset, so it's expected behaviour

The font is unambiguous about it, though. Are you sure the software
isn't performing the feature list in order rather than lookup list? Or
is the software performing substitutions in its own ad hoc order?

Now I _make_ opentype fonts with small caps and ligatures and so want
the software to do what I tell it (except when it was I who made the
error).  :)