Hi Hans,

> % \setupinmargin[left][sidemethod=2]
> % \setupinmargin[left][sidemethod=3]
> % \setupinmargin[left][sidemethod=4]
I've tried each of them (with both left and right). In my minimal example,
there is no difference. In my complete document, I noticed sidemethod=3 caused
on margin text to shift a bit (not even an entire lineheight), nothing else
seems to have changed.

I've dug into the code a bit and the sidemethod does indeed change the code
paths a bit (in \dopositionmarginbox), but I've been unable to understand what
happens there exactly. Any suggestions on what the above should be doing? It
seems it selects different position schemes for margin boxes, but I can't seem
to tell what is supposed to happen exactly...

Gr.

Matthijs