On Tue, 15 Dec 2009, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

I will update the module so that email and website work with mkiv.

Attached is a corrected version.

Hans, can something like \doifdefinedurl be added to the core? I am currently using

%D We need a macro to check if a url is defined using \type{\useURL} or not.

\def\doifdefinedurl#1{\doifdefined{\v!file:::#1}}

%D \MKIV\ uses a different internal structure to store urls, so we use a
%D different method.
\startmode[*mkiv]
\startluacode
  ptj = ptj or {}
  function ptj.doifdefinedurl(name, action)
    if jobreferences.urls.data[name] and name ~= "" then
      tex.sprint(tex.ctxcatcodes, action)
    end
  end
\stopluacode

\def\doifdefinedurl#1#2{\ctxlua{ptj.doifdefinedurl("#1",
\!!bs\detokenize{#2}\!!es)}}

\stopmode

Bookmarks are not working, but that seems to be a bug in current MKIV. Minimal example

\setupinteraction[state=start]
\placebookmarks[section,subsection][section]

\starttext
\section{One}
\input tufte
\subsection{two}
\input knuth
\stoptext

In MkIV I do not get any bookmarks.

Aditya
%D \module
%D   [      file=s-ptj-01,
%D        version=2009.12.15
%D          title=\CONTEXT\ Style File,
%D       subtitle=PracTeX Journal Style,
%D         author=Aditya Mahajan,
%D          email=adityam at umich dot edu,
%D           date=\currentdate,
%D      copyright=2009 Aditya Mahajan]
%C
%C This module is part of the \CONTEXT\ macro||package and is
%C therefore copyrighted by \PRAGMA. See mreadme.pdf for
%C details.

%M % These macros are needed to compile the documentation.
%M \def\PracTeX{Prac\kern-0.07em\TeX}
%M \def\PRACTEX{\PracTeX}
%M \def\TPJ    {The \PRACTEX\ Journal}
%M \useurl[TPJ][http://www.tug.org/pracjourn/][][\TPJ]
%M \useurl[texgyre][http://www.gust.org.pl/projects/e-foundry/tex-gyre/]

\writestatus  {loading}   {Context Module for the PracTeX Journal}

%D This module is for producing acticles for \from[TPJ]. It merely copies the
%D layout of the the \LATEX\ class \filename{pracjourn.cls} available from
%D \TPJ\ website (\url[TPJ]).  This module has a filename synonym
%D \filename{pracjourn}. So to use this module, you can write:
%D \starttyping
%D \usemodule[pracjourn]
%D \stoptyping
%D A sample document is given at the end of this file. The typeset sample can
%D be obtained by
%D \starttyping
%D texmfstart texexec --mode=demo s-ptj-01.tex
%D \stoptyping
%D The documentation is written as comments. If you want to see a \PDF\ copy
%D \starttyping
%D texmfstart texexec --module s-ptj-01.tex
%D \stoptyping

\startmodule[pracjourn]

\unprotect

%D First let's setup the paper size and layout for \TPJ. I am actually not
%D sure about the \quote{official} layout requirement for \TPJ\ and have
%D reverse engineered the layout from the typeset \LATEX\ examples. If you
%D feel that anything is wrong here, please let me know.

\setuppapersize
  [letter][letter]

\setuplayout
  [              width=middle,
                height=middle,
              location=middle,
              topspace=1.25in,
           bottomspace=1in,
             backspace=1in,
              cutspace=1in,
            leftmargin=0.25in,
           rightmargin=0.25in,
    leftmargindistance=0in,
   rightmargindistance=0in,
                header=1in,
                footer=.5in,
         headerdistace=0in,
        footerdistance=.25in,
  ]

%D Next we do the font setup. \TPJ\ uses mathpazo for roman and math faces and
%D uses latin modern for sans serif and monotype. For the main face, 12pt is
%D used with a 15.5pt baseline skip. Font protrusion is enabled, but font
%D expansion is not. We follow these conventions. \CONTEXT\ uses Pagella fonts
%D from \TEX{gyre} project, so we use them instead.

\usetypescript  [serif,sans,mono] [hanging] [pure]
\setupalign     [hanging]
\usetypescript  [palatino][encoding=texnansi]
\setupbodyfont  [palatino,12pt]

\definefont [titlefont]  [Regular at 20pt]
\definefont [authorfont] [Regular at 14pt]

\setupbodyfontenvironment
  [12pt]
  [interlinespace=15.5pt,em=italic]

\setupbodyfontenvironment
  [11pt]
  [interlinespace=13.6pt,em=italic]

%D The variables for the article are stored in the \mono{pracjourn} namespace.
%D To initialize these variables use
%D \starttyping
%D \setvariables
%D  [pracjourn]
%D  [    title=Tile of the Article,
%D      author=Name of Author,
%D     address=Write your Address,
%D    revision={d=14,m=11,y=2006},
%D   copyright=Whatever you want,
%D  ]
%D \stoptyping
%D \mono{title} and \mono{author} should always be entered (even though this
%D module does not make them mandatory, it makes little sense to have an
%D article without a title or author. Other variables are optional. If a
%D revision is not written, current date will be used to show the revision.
%D Other variables for the article are the author's email address and website
%D url. Due to catcode problems, it is not always possible to reliably enter
%D these using the variable mechanism. To enter these use \type|\useURL|
%D \starttyping
%D \useURL[email][mailto:addr...@whatever.com][][address@whatever.com]
%D \useURL[website][link to your homepage]
%D \stoptyping
%D If either of these \URL's are not present, they will be silently ignored
%D while generating the title.

\setvariables [pracjourn] [    title=]
\setvariables [pracjourn] [   author=]
\setvariables [pracjourn] [  address=]
\setvariables [pracjourn] [copyright=]
\setvariables [pracjourn] [ revision=]

%D We need a macro to check if a url is defined using \type{\useURL} or not.

\def\doifdefinedurl#1{\doifdefined{\v!file:::#1}}

%D \MKIV\ uses a different internal structure to store urls, so we use a
%D different method.
\startmode[*mkiv]
\startluacode
  ptj = ptj or {}
  function ptj.doifdefinedurl(name, action)
    if jobreferences.urls.data[name] and name ~= "" then
      tex.sprint(tex.ctxcatcodes, action)
    end
  end
\stopluacode

\def\doifdefinedurl#1#2{\ctxlua{ptj.doifdefinedurl("#1", \!!bs\detokenize{#2}\!!es)}}

\stopmode

%D We use the buffer \filename{abstract} for the abstract. So to enter the
%D abstract, write
%D \starttyping
%D \startbuffer[abstract]
%D Write your abstract
%D \stopbuffer
%D \stoptyping
%D Right now, there is no mechanism to inhibt abstracts. In case someone
%D requires it, such a mechanism is easy to implement.

\startbuffer[abstract]
\stopbuffer

%D The actual title with the additional information is typset by calling
%D \starttyping
%D \setups{title}
%D \stoptyping
%D Remember that the \type|\setvariables[pracjourn][...]| step must be done
%D before \type|\setups{title}|.

\setuphead
  [title]
  [style=\titlefont,
   after={\blank[big]}]

%D Next we define internal frames to take care of the layout of the extra
%D material in the title. These start with \type|do...| to prevent clash with
%D user macros. (I do not like writing @ in macro names).

\defineframed
  [doinfotitle]
  [   frame=off,
      strut=yes,
      width=0.1\textwidth,
     height=fit,
      align=left,
   location=hanging,
  ]

\defineframed
  [doinfodetails]
  [   frame=off,
      strut=yes,
      width=0.85\textwidth,
     height=fit,
      align=normal,
   location=hanging,
  ]

\newif\iftitleskipdone

\def\doadditionalinfo#1#2
  {\titleskipdonetrue
    \hbox to \textwidth
   \bgroup
    \hfill \doinfotitle{#1}
    \hfill \doinfodetails{#2}
   \egroup\endgraf}

%D Now we take care of the actual layout of the title. Most of this is
%D heuristic, as I was trying to get the same visual effect as the
%D \filename{pracjourn.cls} class. If something does not match, please let me
%D know. The additional information is typeset as
%D \starttyping
%D \hfill <box of .1\textwidth> \hfill <box of .85\textwidth>
%D \stoptyping
%D at 11pt size. We also add the title and author information in the \PDF\
%D metadata.

\startrawsetups [title]
% Place the tile and the author
  \title{\getvariable{pracjourn}{title}}
  \blank[medium]
  \bgroup\authorfont\setupinterlinespace
  \getvariable{pracjourn}{author} \endgraf\egroup
  \blank[2*big]
% Place the additional information
  \bgroup\switchtobodyfont[11pt]
  \setupindenting[no]
  \doifdefinedurl{email}
    {\doadditionalinfo{Email}{\tttf\from[email]\relax}}
  \doifdefinedurl{website}
    {\doadditionalinfo{Website}{\from[website]\relax}}
  \doifsomething{\getvariable{pracjourn}{address}}
    {\doadditionalinfo{Address}{\getvariable{pracjourn}{address}}}
  \iftitleskipdone  \blank[big] \fi
  \doadditionalinfo{Abstract}%
    {\setupindenting[yes]%
     \setupinterlinespace%
     \getbuffer[abstract]
     \endgraf}
  \egroup
  \blank[big]
% If revision number is present, write it to \filename{_rev.tex}
% FIXME: Do we need to ensure that the dates and month are two digits?
  \doifsomething{\getvariable{pracjourn}{revision}}
  {\expanded{\setvariables[pracjourn:date][y=,m=,d=,\getvariable{pracjourn}{revision}]}
   \immediate\openout \scratchwrite _rev.tex
   \immediate\write   \scratchwrite
   {\getvariable{pracjourn:date}{y}/\getvariable{pracjourn:date}{m}/\getvariable{pracjourn:date}{d}}
   \immediate\closeout\scratchwrite}
% Add information to pdfmetadata
  \setupinteraction
    [title={\getvariable{pracjourn}{title}},
    author={\getvariable{pracjourn}{author}},
    subtitle={The PracTeX Journal Article}]
\stoprawsetups

%D Next we setup the header and footer for the first page. \TPJ\ formats the
%D header as
%D \startlines
%D The PracTeX Journal, year, No. number
%D Article revision year/mm/dd
%D \stoplines
%D If a copyright notice is present, it is printed right aligned on the bottom
%D of first page. Otherwise the footer on the first page is empty.

\startlocalsetups [titleheader]
  \framed[frame=off,width=\textwidth,align=normal,location=low]
  {\small\setupinterlinespace
   \doifelsenothing{\TPJissue}{For submission to \TPJ}{\TPJissue}\endgraf
   \doifelsenothing{\getvariable{pracjourn}{revision}}
   {Draft of \currentdate[year,/,mm,/,dd]}
   {Article revision\space
     \expanded{\date[\getvariable{pracjourn}{revision}][year,/,mm,/,dd]}}
    \endgraf}
\stoplocalsetups

\startlocalsetups [titlefooter]
  \framed[frame=off,width=\textwidth,align=flushright,location=low]
  {\small\setupinterlinespace
  \getvariable{pracjourn}{copyright}\endgraf}
\stoplocalsetups

\definetext [titleheader] [header]  [\setups{titleheader}][]
\definetext [titlefooter] [footer]  [\setups{titlefooter}]
\setuphead  [title]       [header=titleheader,footer=titlefooter]

%D For rest of the pages, page number is printed on the middle of the footer.

\setuppagenumbering [location={footer,middle}, style=mediaeval]

%D Next we setup the formating for the sections.  \TPJ\ wants font sizes of
%D 17pt, 14pt, and 12pt respectively for section, subsection, and
%D subsubsection. By default, \tex{tfa} is 1.2, \tex{tfb} is 1.4, so the sizes
%D come out close to what is required. The section number is typset in
%D oldstyle fonts.

\setuphead
  [section,subject]
  [      style=\tfb,
   numberstyle=mediaeval,
        before={\blank[2*big]},
         after={\blank[big]},
  ]

\setuphead
  [subsection,subsubject]
  [      style=\tfa,
   numberstyle=mediaeval,
        before={\blank[big]},
         after={\blank[medium]},
  ]

\setuphead
  [subsubsection,subsubsubject]
  [      style=\tf,
   numberstyle=mediaeval,
        before={\blank[medium]},
         after={\blank},
  ]

%D Now we setup the captions. The captions head are set in normal font, and
%D the caption number is set in oldstlyle.

\setupcaptions  [headstyle=normal,stopper=:,conversion=mediaeval]

%D Footnotes are placed in a box with a width of 1.5em. The footnote numeral
%D are set in oldstyle font.

\setupnote
  [footnote]
  [margindistance=0em,
       conversion=mediaeval,
          command=\pracjournfootnote,
  ]

\setupnotedefinition  [footnote]  [location=left,hang=1]

\def\pracjournfootnote#1{\hbox to 1.5em{#1.}}

%D \TPJ\ uses dash as the first level of itemize and text period as the second
%D level. The third level is left unspecified.

\definesymbol [1]     [{\symbol[dash]}]
\definesymbol [2]     [\periodcentered]

\setupitemize [each]  [packed]
\setupitemize [1]     [packed,autointro]  [margin=1em]

%D We change \type|\type| so that the argument inside \type|\type| is pretty
%D printed using \TEX's patterns. Another command \type|\normaltype| can be
%D used if you do not want the original \type|\type|.

\setuptype    [option=TEX]
\definetype   [normaltype]  [option=none]

%D We enable colors, interaction and bookmarks.

\setupinteraction [state=start,color=darkred,style=normal]
\setupurl         [color=darkred]
\setupcolors      [state=start]
\placebookmarks   [section,subsection]  [section]

%D We setup medium indenting, whitespace and blanks.

\setupindenting   [medium,yes]
\setupwhitespace  [medium]
\setupblank       [medium]

%D We define logos for \PRACTEX\ and \TPJ. These definitions are copied from
%D \filename{pracjourn.cls} and can be accessed by \type|\PracTeX|,
%D \type|\PRACTEX| and \type|\TPJ|.

\def\PracTeX{Prac\kern-0.07em\TeX}
\def\PRACTEX{\PracTeX}
\def\TPJ    {The \PRACTEX\ Journal}

%D \filename{pracjourn.cls} provides two macros \type|\ctanfile| and
%D \type|\ctanloc|. I am not sure what is the advantage of these macors. If
%D you want to use these macros, you can use the \type|\useURL| mechanism of
%D \CONTEXT. For example
%D \starttyping
%D \useURL[pracjourn][http://ctan.org/get?fn=/macros/contrib/latex/pracjourn][][\mono{CTAN:macros/contrib/latex/pracjourn}]
%D The \LATEX\ style files for \TPJ\ is localed at \from[pracjourn]
%D \stoptyping

%D For the final version of the paper, the string \quotation{The PracTeX
%D Journal year, No x} is written on the header. This only happens when the
%D current directory contains a file \filename{_iss.tex} which contains string
%D like \quotation{TPJ 2006 No 04, 2006-11-15}. This step is usually taken in
%D the final production of the article. If this file is absent, \quotation{For
%D submission to the PracTeX Journal} is written instead. The next macros are
%D used to parse this file.

\let\TPJissue\empty

\def\pa...@iss TPJ #1 No #2, #3-#4-...@nil%
  {\!!counta#2\relax
  \edef\TPJissue{\TPJ, #1, No.\,\the\!!counta}}

%D Read the \filename{_iss.tex} file, if present to determine the current
%D issue.

\immediate\openin\scratchread _iss.tex
\ifeof\scratchread\else
  \read \scratchread to \!!stringa
  \expandafter\pa...@iss\!!stringa\@nil
\fi
\immediate\closein\scratchread

\protect

\stopmodule

\doifnotmode{demo}{\endinput}

\usemodule[pracjourn]

\setvariables
  [pracjourn]
  [    title=\PRACTEX\ Article in \CONTEXT,
      author=Aditya Mahajan,
     address={Ann Arbor,\\ Michigan, USA.},
    revision={y=2006,m=11,d=14},
   copyright={Copyright \copyright\ 2006 Aditya Mahajan.}
  ]

\useURL[website][http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~adityam]
\useURL[email][mailto:adit...@umich.edu][][adityam@umich.edu]

%D If any of the above information is not provided, the corresponding entry
%D will not apprear in the title.

\startbuffer[abstract]
Write abstract here
\stopbuffer