I want to install ConText on my Windows7 computer. I thought that it would be a good idea if I checked the mailing list archive first, to see if there had been any problems with Windows7. I didn't find any messages related to Windows7, but I don't know if this is a good or bad thing. There is 1 page on the wiki regarding a problem with the complete configuration of Context in Windows7 and Scite which a user has.

I was going to go ahead and download the mswin zip file from the pragma web site, but, the zip file just seems to exist there now as the minimals distribution, rather than the 'big' distribution I had on my old computer (which has gone to that great scrap heap in the sky due to a catastrophic failure).

So, I'm looking for advice before I go any further. Should I download the minimals and look into an editor other than Scite, which I never felt totally comfortable with anyway. Should I just go straight to luatex and MKIV? Are there other options available?

Best Wishes

Keith