On Tuesday 09 February 2010 03:50:27 Curiouslearn wrote:

> I hope (and this perhaps has nothing to do with the brilliant Context
> development team) is that journals start accepting Context files.
> While I use context for my personal and class notes, for articles I am
> still forced to go to latex because journals do not accept context
> files.

In fact, not many journals even accept LaTeX: I sometimes have to submit
so-called ".txt" files!

As Otared Kavian pointed out, the mathematics journals are a bit more
advanced (as are the purely physics journals), and LaTeX is even a
standard. Unfortunately, arXiv.org (still) has problems with ConTeXt,
as the submitted source is detected as TeX but the compilation fails.
One is thus obligated to translate to LaTeX:
  "Your (La)TeX, AMS(La)TeX, or PDFLaTeX submission will be processed
automatically by our AutoTeX software."

Now, if only my administration and funding agencies would stop sending
MS-Word files...

Alan