           date=,
          start=,
           stop=,
              #1]
  \title{\Examtitle}}

\definefont [BigFontOne]  [RegularSlanted sa 2.5]
\definefont [BigFontTwo]  [Regular sa 1.5]

\setuphead[title]
 [  style=\BigFontOne,
  command=\examtitle,
   before={},
    after={\blank[big] \bgroup \colortwo
     Date: \expanded{\date[Examdate]}
    \hfill
    Start: \expanded{Examstart}
    Stop: \expanded{Examstop}
   \egroup\blank},
 ]

%D This macro does the actual typesetting of the title
\def\examtitle#1#2%
  {\framed[
              width=broad,
              frame=off,
              align=middle,
    foregroundcolor=colortwo,
         % I want a shadow around the title frame
         background=shadow]
      {#2\\{Examcourse}}}

\exam[
  title=Mid-term 2010,
  course=ES2917,
  date={d=17,m=2,y=2010},
  start={9:00 am},
  stop={11:00 am}
]

I'm processing this with Mark II.  The problems are that

(1) The literal 'Examcourse' is typeset;
(2) Today's date is typset, not the one entered in the interface;
(3) The start and stop times are typeset as literals 'Examstart' &
'Examstop'

Thanks for any help,
Roger