On Mar 7, 2010, at 11:54 AM, Philipp Gesang wrote:

> Dear listmates,
>

> a while ago I made some lua tables to aid myself in transliteration of
> various scripts.  I thought this could be of general interest so I built
> a module from it and threw in some source documentation and a tiny
> manual, too.
>
> Right now it contains modes for Cyrillic, Glagolitic and Greek scripts,
> older variants included, full ISO 9 support, and two transcription modes
> as well.  (There's a showcase of examples in the manual.)  It allows
> global setups and local adjustments.
>
> It splendidly works for me, but maybe somebody wants to review it before
> I post it on the list, so whom should I send it to?

Just one thought on your transliterator: a couple of years ago, Hans set up
something a bit similar for Greek. It is based on lpeg, though, not gsub and so
should be somewhat faster. If you look at
context/tex/texmf-context/scripts/context/lua/mtx-babel.lua
you'll see what he did. In theory, this mechanism is general, and all sorts of
transliteration schemes could be hooked into it. Might give you some ideas or
not...

Thomas