Am 22.03.2010 15:16, schrieb Tom:
> Boy, am I thick. Here is an example that demonstrates the problem. You
> should be able to see that cfbdatawarehouse.com did not hyphenate. To get
> the malhyphenation error, it is necessary to uncomment the \hyphenation
> command. Changing the width of the figure to 2.0 inches will demonstrate
> additional ragged right problems. An unrelated issue is that the leading for
> the caption is larger than I would like.

same topic, different example. look at the attached picture to see how
the original text 'rgb(255,255,255)' was broken. quite funny :)

hyphenation has its limitations. i finally used a simple macro to get
the desired result.

\def\RGB(#1,#2,#3){\bgroup\nohyphens rgb\allowbreak
(#1,\allowbreak#2,\allowbreak#3)\egroup}

best wishes,

Peter