Hello,

thanks for the help, attached snippet seems to work.

So I guess my question basicly was caused by misunderstandings
in using define/setup commands.

Is there a document describing the grammar of context---how to
use or to combine \setupsomething, \definesomething
ttartstosomethig or \setupanything{something=[]}?

> Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>
> % style={\setupalign[flushleft,nothyphenated]},
> style={\raggedright\nohyphens},

Sorry for stupid question, but is there a difference
between \nohyphens and \nothyphenated ?

Thanks

Torsten

%<----- snip --------------------------------------------------

\setupoutput[dvi]

\setupwhitespace[1.2em]

\definestartstop[verse]
 [command={%
\setupwhitespace[1.2em]% },style={%
           \raggedright\nohyphens%
 },before={%
           \setuplines[indenting={yes,-2em,first}]%
           \setupnarrower[left=2em]%
           \startnarrower[left]% blockindent only left
           \startlines%
  },after={%
           \stoplines%
           \stopnarrower%
           \setuplines[indenting={no}]% must be reseted
           \endgraf%
 }]

\starttext

Three lines, first should be broken:

\startverse
FIRST---this should be one line, please remove linebreaks, made by the mail programms, until HERE.
SECOND---next line without carriage return or line feed,
THIRD---startstoplines accept linebreaks, so this is a new line.
FOURTH---fourth line also do not make much words.
\stopverse

\stoptext