Hi!

Gour a écrit :

03/04 13:42

Taco> The availability of ConTeXt books will not automatically create
Taco> more users (nor even automatically create readers, for that
Taco> matter).

Hmm, interesting...

If even you think that ConTeXt books are not important (to bring new
users), then no wonder we do not have even a single one...

I think Taco didn't say *at all* that books are not important; he just said
that the books will not automatically increase the use.

03/04 14:13
However, it might be that ConTeXt prefer to always stay niche-product
and to, as Haskellers say: "Avoid success at all costs.” :-)
Do you know many software in development for which there are plenty of books.

Further the accusation of somes other that Hans is keeping information for his work and not documenting it is shocking me. Hans said that he did develop ConTeXt for *his* work and then opened it to others to benefit. And Hans is working for the ConTeXt users free and would prefer, I think, to use his "secret!!?" tools and go on for his real work.

I also regret that the documentation is not complete and updated for mkiv, but mkiv is still in development even if it is operational (but Hans suggest to use mkii for professional work).

Many people here who complain about documentation, also quickly say that they do not have time to write the asked for book: they have other things on the fire!! just... like Hans who is developing ConTeXt and do not have time writing documentation. What is more important: having a very good program and wait for its documentation, or a very good documentation and a buggy program???

Thanks to those who develop ConTeXt and answer the questions.

Have a good Eastern time

Alain