Am 06.04.10 00:19, schrieb Tom:
Aditya,

It took me awhile to sort through all the code to find what was creating the
problem. It appears that the code for the first page of a chapter is the
culprit but I don't know why it's causing the problem.

\definepagebreak[mychapterpagebreak][yes,header,right]  %eliminates headers
on blank pages
You change the style of the number but suppress it in the output,
i guess there is some reason for this and i don't understand it.
\def\ChapterTitle#1#2{
    \centerline{\switchtobodyfont[ChapterStart,18pt]{\ss\bf #2}}
    \godown[.5in]}

\setuphead[chapter]
   [command= \ChapterTitle,textstyle=bold,header=empty,footer=empty,
   page=mychapterpagebreak,
   numbercommand={\switchtobodyfont[big]{\ss\sl}}]
\setuphead[chapter][indentnext=yes] but i think the setup is used
here http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Shaped_paragraphs just for fun.

Wolfgang