On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 04:21:27PM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 13-4-2010 8:07, Khaled Hosny wrote:
>
> >Apparently not, again for some reason I'd always the feeling that they
> >are not interested in feedback (I also usually try to provide fixes with
> >my "bug" reports, but I can't really do here).
>
> If you'd met them in person you'd probably written your mails
> differently. They are quite open, very active in the tex community,
> spending a lot of time on tex things and deserve a bit more respect.

I'm pretty sure I'd, also I never meant any disrespect, I may look a bit
rude, but, as free software zealot, I owe great respect to any free
software project, whether or not I completely agree with it.

> (Actually this is one of the things I dislike about mailing,
> bloging, etc. .. criticizing people without knowing who one's
> dealing with and what one's intentions are.)

True.

> Most of this info can be found in publications (and presentations)
> on the project. Ok, if one's not a member of a user group, one will
> not notice but that not the teams fault.

That one of the things I really hate about TeX development (OK, OK, I'm
not starting again), but for several personal reasons I can't join any
of the international TeX user groups (and we don't have one here) and I
can't also go to TeX conferences, so I always feel outside the loop (for
example, there was that time I needed badly some article about OpenType
math published in TUGBoat, but I've to wait for a year to read it, and
by then I don't think I'll be still in need of it).

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny