Antoine Cailliau wrote:
Hi all,

I'm working on my thesis and I need a mechanism very similar to float
and its reference/caption facilities except it can't be floating.

My problem is the following: I've boxes to display corresponding to
operators. They should be numbered (like figure, tables, etc.) and
having a list is a plus and I should be able to do \about[myoperator] to
display the name of the operator.

I tried to declare a float and it works perfectly, except it is floating
and do not respect the flow I would like to have.
I tried enumeration but I can't do \about and I really need it.

What is the best way to have such a behavior ?

  \placetable[force][reference]{caption}{some float}

I am not sure whether you can feed 'force' into

  \setupfloat[location=force]

but you could try that also.

Best wishes,
Taco