Otared Kavian <otared <at> gmail.com> writes:
> On 5 mai 2010, at 09:25, Marius wrote:
> > On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 5:12 AM,  <rogutes <at> googlemail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> 1. How does one add a dot after the numerals in headings, so that
> >>     "\section{First}"
> >>   becomes
> >>     "1. First"
> >>   instead of
> >>     "1 First"
> >>   ?
> >
> > \setupheads[sectionstopper=.]
>
> Actually this works only in mkiv, and implies also a dot after the
> chapter numbers and so on.
> If you want only a dot after the section number you may say
> \setuphead[section][sectionstopper={.}]
>
> The same thing is possible in mkii, but I don't remember how to do it
> right now…

Thank you both very much. I have a humble question now: how did you find
out about this setting?

I thought about adding sectionstopper to the Reference in the wiki
(sectionstarter should go with it, no?), but was not sure how to go
about a MKIV-only parameter. Moreover, I was not successful in finding
any documentation about it. There's no more to the new manual than the
chapters on typography, fonts, is there?