This works, but not in my case, as I absolutely need

\setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided,location=margin]

Best

Piotr

\definepagebreak
  [mychapterpagebreak]
  [yes,header,right]
 %[yes,header,left]
 %[yes,header,footer,right]

\setuphead
  [chapter]
  [page=mychapterpagebreak,footer=empty]
 %[page=Mychapterpagebreak,header=empty,footer=empty]

%\setupsectionblock[frontpart][page=chapter]
%\setupsectionblock[bodypart][page=chapter]
%\setupsectionblock[backpart][page=chapter]
%\setupsectionblock[appendix][page=chapter]

\setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided,location=margin]
\setupheadertexts[{My special headertext}]
\setupfootertexts[This is a text in the footer]
%\setupbackgrounds[header][text][bottomframe=on]

\starttext
  \chapter{testA} \dorecurse{10}{\input tufte }
  \chapter{testB} \dorecurse{10}{\input tufte }
  \chapter{testC} \dorecurse{10}{\input tufte }
\stoptext

http://okle.pl