Hi all,

I'd like to get some new font variants defined, such as Medium, Semibold, etc. What I have so far is the following.

\definealternativestyle[medium][\me][]

\starttypescript [serif] [minionpro]
  \definefontsynonym[MinionPro-Medium][name:MinionPro-Medium]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [serif] [minionpro] [name]
  \definefontsynonym[SerifMedium][MinionPro-Medium]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [serif] [regular] [size]
  \definebodyfont [10pt, 11pt, 12pt] [rm] [%
    it=SerifItalic sa 1,
    bi=SerifBoldItalic sa 1,
    bf=SerifBold sa 1,
    tf=SerifRegular sa 1,
    me=SerifMedium sa 1]
\stoptypescript

then I set up the font with

\definetypeface [adobe] [rm] [serif] [minionpro] [regular]
\setupbodyfont[11pt]

This all looks fine, but then

{\me This should be medium}

doesn't work, and neither does \me{...} or \medium{...}. I should say that

\definedfont[SerifMedium]

does work though. How can I fix this, short of

\def\me{\definedfont[SerifMedium]}

--
Michael Murphy