On Wed, 16 Jun 2010, Khaled Hosny wrote:

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 02:32:48AM +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
Hello,

since one of the last betas (I guess two weeks ago), a strange problem
appears in my current document. The first ~10 page are completely fine (i.e.
as usual) but the following ~20 pages have some kind of a font problem. The
font looks bolder/grainy when zooming out in Acrobat and also the scrolling
is pretty slow. After these pages, it's fine again. I don't see any specific
trigger, there's nothing "special" on these pages.

Can you check with other PDF readers, it looks like a reader issue to
me. I've got some strange color issues with ConTeXt generated PDFs and
Adobe's reader in the past, namely any page with images would have the
colors brighter than other pages, since the print was fine (and I don't
use Adobe's for screen reading, I didn't bother). Yours might be
something similar.

FWIW, I have noticed similar problems with Adobe reader on linux. Pages that contained a png image with transparency appeared duller than other pages. But evince and xpdf display the result correctly.

I don't know if the font effects are related or not.

Aditya