On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 2:45 AM, Stuart Hungerford
<stuart.hungerf...@anu.edu.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a ConTeXt and Metapost newbie, so apologies in advance if
> this is a stupid question.
>
> I've successfully installed ConTeXt minimals on an OS/X 10.6.x
> system and it seems to be running okay.  I'd like to run some
> metapost examples from the command line and "mpost" also seems
> to be running well.
>
> I've seen references to a "mptopdf" script and there is a Perl
> script of that name but it looks like it needs to be installed
> somewhere.  Is there some post-setup procedure I need to follow
> to access "mptopdf" or another one I've seen references to
> "fmtutil"?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Stu
context mkiv of minimals uses mplib which is integrated in luatex, so
it's the fastest  way to produce a pdf :
for example

%%save as
%%test-0001.tex
\starttext
\startMPpage
path p; p :=  fullcircle scaled 1 cm;
draw p scaled 4 withpen pencircle xscaled 2mm yscaled 4mm rotated 30 ;
\stopMPpage
\stoptext

$>context test-0001.tex

With context mkii (again of  minimals) is almost the same
$>mtxrun texexec test-0001.tex

but metapost is called with a system command , so it's more slow.

(google metafun-s.pdf for more info about metafun)

--
luigi