In article <4c2dceb2.90...@elvenkind.com>,
 Taco Hoekwater <t...@elvenkind.com> wrote:

> On 07/02/2010 01:26 PM, Nicola wrote:
> >
> > \usemodule[bib]
> > \setupbibtex[database=mypublications]
> > \starttext
> > \placepublications[criterium=all]
> > \stoptext
> > \end
> >
> > What can I check next?
>
> You could try adding some text or even a section command.
> At some point it should start working (probably even without
> an explicit \cite anywhere). Nevertheless, it looks like a bug.

Unfortunately, adding text or sectioning command doesn't help. Today I
have updated ConTeXt Minimals as usual, using sh ./first-setup.sh, but
the version I've got is 2010.05.24 (whereas I had 2010.06.10). Why?

Needless to say, I don't get any output yet. Since nobody has confirmed
that the problem I have described can be reproduced, I must infer that
it is something related to my particular setup. So, I will provide more
details on my configuration (sorry for the verbosity), hoping that
someone will spot something that should be fixed.

Under the latest Mac OS X, I use both (stable) ConTeXt from TeX Live
2009 and an installation of ConTeXt Minimals (beta) in
~/Library/texmf/context-minimals.

This is how I update ConTeXt in TeX Live, step by step:

1) update the ConTeXt distribution to the latest stable release:

sudo rsync -av
rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/current/context/current/
/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/

2) Update LuaTeX executable:

sudo rsync -av
rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/current/bin/luatex/osx-universal/bin/l
uatex /usr/local/texlive/2009/bin/universal-darwin/

3) Re-build LuaTeX format files:

cd /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-var/web2c/luatex
sudo luatex -ini luatex.ini
sudo luatex -ini lualatex.ini
sudo luatex -ini dviluatex.ini
sudo luatex -ini dvilualatex.ini

4) Update XeTeX executable:

sudo rsync -av
rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/current/bin/xetex/osx-universal/bin/xe
tex /usr/local/texlive/2009/bin/universal-darwin/

5) Re-build XeTeX format files:

sudo fmtutil-sys --byfmt xelatex
sudo fmtutil-sys --byfmt xetex

7) Update MetaPost executable:

sudo rsync -av
rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/current/bin/metapost/osx-universal/bin
/mpost /usr/local/texlive/2009/bin/universal-darwin/

8) Update MetaPost format files:

sudo fmtutil-sys --byfmt mpost
sudo fmtutil-sys --byfmt metafun
cd /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-var/web2c/metapost/
sudo mpost -ini mfplain dump

9) Fix permissions of some executables (I always have to do this: is it
a known bug?)

cd /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/scripts/context/lua
sudo chmod +x luatools.lua mtxrun.lua
cd /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/scripts/context/perl
sudo chmod +x *.pl
cd /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/scripts/context/stubs/unix/
sudo chmod +x *

10) Update MKII format files:

sudo mktexlsr
sudo -H texexec --make --all
sudo -H texexec --make --xtx --all

(here I use -H because I want the format files to be written under
/usr/local/texlive and not in ~/Library/texmf/web2c)

11) Update MKIV format files:

luatools --generate
context --make

Note that these last two commands are run without sudo, because I have
chosen to have luatex-cache under ~/Library/texmf, so I have added

export TEXMFCACHE=~/Library/texmf

to my .profile.

And here is how I update ConTeXt Minimals:

0) Move to the right directory:

cd ~/Library/texmf/context-minimals

1) Update first-setup.sh:

curl -o first-setup.sh
http://minimals.contextgarden.net/setup/first-setup.sh

2) Update ConTeXt Minimals:

sh ./first-setup.sh --extras=all

3) Set environment variables (I do this every time before using ConTeXt
Minimals of course):

source ./tex/setuptex
export TEXMFCACHE=$TEXROOT/texmf-cache

Note that I also change TEXMFCACHE, not to conflict with stable ConTeXt.

4) Re-build format files:

mktexlsr
texexec --make --all
texexec --make --xtx --all
luatools --selfupdate
mtxrun --selfupdate
luatools --generate
context --make
texexec --make mpost

That's it.

A last remark: I have noticed that I have a .texlive2009 folder in my
home folder, with the following content:

texmf-var/texdoc/cache-tlpdb.lua
texmf-var/web2c/pdftex/pdftex.fmt
texmf-var/web2c/pdftex/pdftex.log

Is it safe to delete?